Let’s make Egusi Pudding
- 3 cups of Egusi
- ½ cup of ground crayfish.
- 1 cup of smoked meat or sliced fish.
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup large crayfish seasoning cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg optional
- 1 ground hot pepper
- Put the seeds into a blender and grind. Please note that this is dry blending so you do not need to add water.
- Pour egusi into a bowl. Use a wooden spoon to break down chunks if any. Add in ground crayfish, pepper and seasoning (salt and maggi).
- Add in three quarters of the water and mix into a smoothie paste.
- Add your egg and mix well.
- Add in your smoked meat or sliced fish then stir to incorporate.
- Line your pot with some banana leaves to create a base for streaming.
- Place a banana leaf into a deep bowl and push the centre to make sure it is indented. Put two scoops of the mixture into the leaf then tie with a rope.
- Put in a pot and let it cook for about 60 minutes. Check to add water every 10 minutes so it doesn’t burn.
- After about an hour, your pudding should be ready. Remove unwrap and enjoy. You can accompany it with bobolo/miondo, ripe plantains etc.
Hmmmm…….. yummmmyyy…… Enjoy!!!