Our Réglo style Pinacolada cocktail
- ¼ Lime, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons raw cane sugar
- 1 cup crushed or chipped ice
- 1 tablespoons mint syrup, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons pineapple flavour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flavour
- Splash seltzer water
- Sugar cane sticks, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Place lime pieces in a 12 – ounce glass and top with mint leaves and cane sugar. Using a muddler, crush the lime pieces while bruising the mint with the sugar. Fill the glass just below the rim with the ice. Add the mint syrup, coconut milk, pineapple juice, pineapple and the coconut flavours. Use a shaker to vigorously shake the contents of the glass together for at least 30 seconds. Pour the mint back in the glass, and top off the glass with seltzer water. Place a sugar cane stick in each glass and garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Serve immediately. Enjoy your drink!
Written by Che Engochan